Tuesday, April 10, 2012

GOD made you special.

Romans 12:  3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you.

============

Confidence and competence could breed arrogance at least that’s where I wound up at times. When I first began working I struggled to understand what a corporation was. With GOD’s help I became one of the best programmers but soon I forgot about HIM and thought I did it myself.

I got another job and felt oppressed. With GOD’s help I was able to rise and shine but soon I forgot about HIM and forgot to serve HIM with the same fervor as my job. I mean HE put me there, at the top, HE will understand if I just focus on work, I have a lot of responsibility!

  • Titles given to me mean nothing to GOD.
  • Levels only mean something to humans not to GOD.
  • Responsibility at work is a distraction when I forget about GOD.

Sometimes I think it’s where I graduated from or the profession I chose or maybe it’s my boyish charm that caused me to rise. GOD says “none of the above.” In fact all those things got in the way of me truly seeing GOD at work.

  • GOD raises me up and tears me down for HIS purpose.
  • GOD is the one who is responsible for putting me places so my arrogance should go away.
  • GOD gave me my faith so I have nothing to boast about.

Whatever I have, whenever I got it, GOD is responsible for everything. HE gave me a certain level of faith to be used for HIS purposes.  Sometimes I use that faith for my own personal gain which can be a waste of HIS resources. GOD wants me to accept the heights HE will take me and tell everyone it is HIM who raises people up. I did not make me special, GOD did!

  • Are you good at you job and think you are better than “that” person?
  • Do you feel you deserve to get that promotion?
  • Have you asked GOD is that where HE wants you to be?
  • Are you wasting your faith on your own personal gain or are you serving because you love GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment