Thursday, April 5, 2012

Grace taken for granted

Romans 11: 22Consider therefore the kindness and sternness of God: sternness to those who fell, but kindness to you, provided that you continue in his kindness. Otherwise, you also will be cut off.

============

After many difficult experiences, I finally saw GOD at work in my life. HE had brought me through difficult times time and time again. After the difficult times I began to relax.  I mean during the storm I prayed a little longer, served people better and attempted to walk the straight and narrow.

When times were not so difficult I found my prayer time shrinking, my service diminishing and my thoughts about GOD dissipating. “HE won’t mind if I sin this time, I mean HE forgave me for all my sins right?” Well yes but…

  • When I think I can freely sin without consequence, I am not on GOD’s path.
  • When I believe I can get away with hidden sin, I am not following GOD.
  • When I try to get my way more than GOD’s way, I am set for failure.

Grace is a very strange thing, I can’t get more of it nor can I demand it. I have to be pardoned by the one who is just which means I should know what I’ve done wrong in the first place and accept the fact that I deserve consequence for my actions. GOD’s grace covers all my sins but I can reject HIS grace and become demanding which is a very dangerous place to be.

  • GOD’s supreme nature is something I should never take for granted otherwise I will become demanding of HIM.
  • GOD’s gift of grace is something I should never take for granted otherwise I will be a useless tool that HE will break or throw away.
  • GOD’s gift of mercy is something I should never take for granted otherwise I may end up with wrath instead of love.

Fearing GOD is the beginning of wisdom. HE grants grace to whom HE pleases. I can never think GOD won’t or shouldn’t allow the consequence of my sin to go unnoticed. Yes HE threw my sin as far as east is from the west, yet HE said my sins will be made known to “everyone.”

I should not take GOD’s grace for “granted!”

  • Are you living a lifestyle that is pleasing to GOD?
  • Are you putting any effort into a relationship with HIM?
  • Are you trying to get your way?
  • Can you let go of your way and ask GOD what does HE want you to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment