Thursday, April 19, 2012

I want hope

Romans 15: 4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.

============

Towards the end of a track meet I wanted to give up. I was tired of running. Towards the end of school I wanted to give up.  It seemed like I had been in school forever and I was tired of learning. Towards the end of a major project I wanted to give up and just crawl into some hole and watch the world pass by for a while.
  • Life will have difficult moments that I must endure.
  • Life will have tough situations that I must go “through” not around.
  • Life will have extreme circumstances that sometimes make me want to “give up.”

Every once in a while I survey the horizon of my life and see holes, land mines and snipers in my way. Where did all these obstacles come from?  I mean at one point in my life it was smooth sailing. GOD knows I will face challenges and HE has made provisions for my safety.
  • GOD knows I will face difficult circumstances so HE sent the COMFORTER to help me.
  • GOD knows I will face trials and I will want to give up so HE gave me HIS promise that HE would be with me always.
There is not a single problem that GOD is not aware of.  HE knows every circumstance and has listed similar circumstances in the Bible. When I go back and see how other people felt like giving up and how GOD rescued them at the right time, it gives me hope.

I see the extreme situations people endured and it makes my circumstance seem smaller. GOD brought them through and HE will do the same for me. HIS promises give me hope.
  • Are you going through a trial?
  • Are you facing a difficult circumstance?
  • Do you realize there is nothing more powerful than GOD and HE knows your circumstance?
  • Will you place your trust in HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment