Thursday, April 26, 2012

I’d rather be foolish

1 Corinthians 1: 18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

   “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;
   the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

 20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe.

============

Technology is a difficult field to field to preach the gospel to.  I mean exact sciences look for answers in exact locations and GOD just hasn’t been in the places scientists look. I started to question GOD’s existence. I mean why the invisibility? Why the silence? Why the lack of aroma or taste? And most of all why hasn’t HE touched me?

  • GOD is visible in all of creation so if I open my eyes I could see HIM every day.
  • GOD speaks to me daily through HIS Bible, people and circumstances so if I open my ears I could hear HIM.
  • GOD spreads the smell of sacrifice throughout the earth so if I would take a whiff I could smell danger to dodge, fear to fight and success that saves.
  • GOD gives HIS message freely so if I would speak about HIS SON I could taste the sweetness of HIS love.
  • GOD reaches out to me daily so if I would reach out and hug that person who is in despair, give to someone in need or pick up the person who has fallen I would feel HIM.

My five senses have been cursed to deteriorate. My spiritual senses need to grow in order to relate to GOD in the way HE wants me to.  My senses will play tricks on me causing me to lose faith, BUT GOD wants me to simply believe without seeing. HE wants my faith to be based on more than faulty senses. HE wants me to believe in HIM alone.

  • Are you trying to rationalize GOD out of your life?
  • Are you trying to figure GOD out so you can manipulate HIM?
  • Won’t you open your eyes and ears to GOD today and watch HIM do HIS wonders?
  • Can’t you believe GOD is everywhere, knows everything, and is all powerful?

No comments:

Post a Comment