Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I’m trying to trip you up.

Romans 14: 13 Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister.

============

When I feel someone has wronged me I place a grudge in their way.  I mean even if they try to apologize reconciliatory actions have to be proven to me in order for me to believe they are sincere before I can move forward. I’m right aren’t I?

  • GOD does not want any barriers to HIS kingdom especially how I treat people.
  • GOD does not want me to judge others so they can be free to come to HIS thrown.
  • GOD does not want the way I dress, eat, sing or dance to cause someone to stumble so they can be drawn to HIM.

Selfishly I want people to treat me a certain way. When they act out of the ordinary I push back and come out swinging.  This is an obstacle to hearing GOD’s great news from me.  I should know, ask my family.

  • GOD desires that I show humility so others can see HIM in me.
  • GOD desires I drop my judgment so others can be drawn to HIM.
  • GOD desires me to go and serve people instead of making wars with them.

No matter how I am treated, GOD wants me to make peace and show love. Judgment can be an obstacle to HIS love.

  • Are you putting things in the way of someone who is trying to reconcile with you?
  • Are you holding a grudge that could patch up your relationship?
  • Can you let go of the situation and let GOD do HIS work?

No comments:

Post a Comment