Monday, April 2, 2012

These three words

Romans 10: 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

============

We had just returned from our tour of the city and at that moment I knew she was “the one.” Looking at her beauty inside and out made me finally say these three words… “I love you!” Wow, that was great! I finally professed a desire to have a super special relationship with the love of my life.

  • I can declare a special relationship to humans easier than I can declare a relationship to JESUS.
  • I can tell everyone about loving someone easier than I can tell someone I love JESUS.
  • I can speak about my love for a human and not feel embarrassed but hide my relationship with JESUS.

When I’m in a group of people who are doing some things that are not of GOD but looks “fun” I want to join in.  I mean everyone over there is laughing and it seems like they don’t have a care in the world, meanwhile I’m over here struggling to follow JESUS.  Is HE even listening to me?

  • The three words GOD wants to hear from me are “JESUS is LORD!”
  • The three words that GOD adores me to say publicly are “JESUS IS LORD!”
  • The three words that are very difficult to say to those I have “sinned” with are “JESUS is LORD!”

When I say “JESUS is LORD” out loud, with people watching something strange happens. They start watching me. People want to see if I will really try to follow HIS ways and they want to see if oceans will part in front of me. Well I haven’t seen oceans part in front of me but I can tell you HE truly is LORD.

My advice to those watching me is to take their eyes off of me and put them on the one who deserves to be watched, namely JESUS.  I sin, HE never sinned. HE is the only one who can declare me righteous as soon as I call on HIS name. I now have no shame to say “JESUS IS LORD!”

  • Can you open up your mouth right now and say “JESUS is LORD!?”
  • Does it feel weird saying “JESUS is LORD” out loud?
  • Can you get more practice saying “JESUS is LORD” especially around those you sin with?
  • Can you look “that” person in the face and say “JESUS is LORD” without being embarrassed?

No comments:

Post a Comment