Thursday, May 31, 2012

Don’t give up!

1 Corinthians 15: 58 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

============

 It was rainy and cold and it seemed like we would never get home. Finally the bus came but most of the seats were wet because the windows were open so we stood up on this leg of the ride. We got a bright idea that if we walked to the beginning of the line on the transfer of the next bus then we would be guaranteed a seat thus getting the rest we anxiously dreamt of.

The rain seemed to come down harder and as we walked our spirits were dampened. Finally after arriving at the beginning of the next leg of our trip, a bus drove through a large puddle drenching us from head to toe. “I give up” I thought to myself!

  • I feel like giving up when life doesn’t quite go my way.
  • I feel like giving up when life proves to be a bit more difficult than expected.
  • I feel like giving up when I look at “what is” versus seeing “what can be.”

GOD tells me to “stand firm” because HE knows life will not be easy. Once HE placed HIS judgment on the earth for the sin of one man, HE could not revoke it. The decree was life would be difficult and even HIS only SON was not spared from its challenges. GOD decided to die in my place to make things better and take on the punishment that HE decreed for me.

  • GOD says “Stand firm” when life gets tough.
  • GOD says “Stand firm” when I face trials and troubles.
  • GOD says “Stand firm” when I am at the end of my rope and cannot find a way out of my bind.

“Let nothing move you” is the message that tells me to “always” follow what GOD is saying. Whether it is a message of “peace” or “persecution” I should listen to GOD and follow HIS lead.

  • Are you waiting for some relief?
  • Are you tired of holding your breath and want to “exhale?”
  • Can you give you trial and trouble to GOD?
  • Are you willing to hang in as long as it takes for GOD to handle the situation the way HE wants to?

No comments:

Post a Comment