Friday, May 18, 2012

I need “you”

1 Corinthians 12: 15 Now if the foot should say, “Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body. 16 And if the ear should say, “Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body,” it would not for that reason stop being part of the body.
18 .But in fact God has placed the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be

17 If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be?

============

Do it yourself shows are a favorite of mine because I can learn how things are made and pick up a few tricks. To save a few bucks I think I can do anything until I actually start the project and quickly realize I’m in trouble.

I wind up getting an expert who costs twice as much as my original estimate because they have to repair what I broke. I still wonder how I made it home when I tried to repair my own brakes!

  • None of us is as good as “all of us.”
  • I may think my talents are great until I try to do everything.
  • I sometimes have to admit I need “that” person.

GOD made me incomplete.  Yes I am complete in my relationship with HIM but HE made me need other people. I must recognize their GOD given talents and experiences and welcome their help instead of complaining to GOD that I am not made a certain way.

  • I should thank GOD for other people because HE made them just as they are.
  • I should thank GOD for different opinions because GOD lovers variety.
  • I should thank GOD for diverse thought because my thinking can be faulty.

The words “I need you” should pour out of my mouth on a regular basis because I can’t do it all. I must appreciate those who provide the help.

  • Do you think other people are better than you because of their title?
  • Can you examine yourself to see why you think a position in the church is greater than another?
  • Won’t you put your trust in GOD who loves a wide variety of people?

No comments:

Post a Comment