Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A special meal

1 Corinthians 11: 23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 “This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me.”and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, 25 “This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me.”In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.

============

For years I wondered “why should I eat the “LORD’s supper?” I mean isn’t it just eating and drinking? Then I realized GOD wants me to recognize a few things about HIM and myself.

  • GOD wants me to remember JESUS’ sacrifice for the sins I commit daily.
  • GOD wants me to remember JESUS was the only human who never sinned.
  • GOD wants me to remember JESUS needs to be praised all the way until HE returns.

Before I take this sacred meal I should examine myself. I actually should remember that I’m not “all that” and confess my sins to GOD and move on knowing HE has forgiven my sins. This is not an act of trying to account for every sin because I don’t believe I will remember every one.

  • I eat this meal to worship the SON.
  • I eat this meal to remember how and why I am saved.
  • I eat this meal to examine myself while prayerfully asking to get back on the right path with GOD.

This meal should never be taken lightly and I should revere the time I spend with the LORD. HE just wants to be remembered because in my busy schedule I would definitely forget.

  • When is the last time you worshipped GOD outside of going to church?
  • Are you taking some special time between you and HIM?
  • Have you examined yourself instead of examining others lately?
  • Won’t you take a moment to talk to the LORD about what you have done?

No comments:

Post a Comment