Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Trying too hard to be “special”

1 Corinthians 14: 20 Brothers and sisters, stop thinking like children. In regard to evil be infants, but in your thinking be adults.

============

Once I was told that “If I believed enough then GOD would wake me up without an alarm clock.” I wanted to believe in GOD more so I “put HIM to the test.” I slept so well that night. In fact I overslept by a lot! “I must not be special” I thought to myself.

  • Thinking I’m not special is actually childish.
  • Thinking I’m not special causes me to seek accolades from humans.
  • Thinking I’m not special makes me want to feel special by the wrong people.

When GOD made me, HE made me special. No one can do what I do or reach who I will reach. I don’t have to be jealous of someone else’s gifts or talents because HE gave me my own.  There are those who can speak in multiple languages to tell people about CHIRST but I am not gifted that way. I am thankful they exist because I can’t do what they do.

  • Instead of wanting to be someone else I should want to understand how special GOD has made me.
  • Instead of desiring someone’s gifts and talents I should discover what special things GOD has in store for me.
  • Instead of wishing I was special I should believe I am special because GOD made me.

Spiritual gifts are nothing to envy but should be desired. The more gifts I possess the more I can spread GOD’s word. But I should not try “too hard” to be viewed as special otherwise I will forget to spread HIS “unpopular” messages and seek a crowd instead of telling the truth.

When it comes to GOD, I should grow up. When it comes to evil I should remain an infant.

  • Do you believe you are special?
  • Are you seeking GOD or are you seeking attention?
  • Can you believe you are already special in HIS eyes?
  • Won’t you begin seeking HIM instead of seeking the spotlight?

No comments:

Post a Comment