Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Unity rather than liberation

1 Corinthians 1: 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12 For as woman came from man, so also man is born of woman. But everything comes from God.

============

Sorry, I do not have a person example today but lately I have noticed a “ripping away” from one another. The movement is subtle and deemed necessary. We have more “men’s” and “women’s” groups sprouting and it seems like we are trying to run towards people who speak our language and understand us better.

  • Usually when I’m with a men’s group it’s not a subset of a larger group.
  • Usually when I’m with a men’s group we have no goal of unifying our thoughts with the women and children.
  • Usually when I’m with a men’s group I participate without accountability to a women’s group.

Paul is trying his best to tell us that everyone is important in GOD’s eyes. The balance is in CHRIST and life is not meant to be working in separate groups where I “feel” better. GOD wants us to work towards unity so I can show others how we love.  HE wants a person to observe my love for others for a specific purpose.

  • Whether I show independent or dependent love for others I am being watched.
  • When I put people in large categories it doesn’t show love for the individual.
  • When I believe a person is not capable because they are in a large category then I am not showing GOD’s love.

Yes men and women are different but together we form a bond as an act of worship to GOD in order to draw people to HIM.

  • Are you seeking unity?
  • Are you looking to bring together large groups rather than retreating to splinters of humans?
  • Are you seeking more “power” as a reason for joining a group?
  • Won’t you try to unify groups for GOD’s purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment