Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What is important?

1 Corinthians 15:For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, and then to the Twelve.

============

Awake, worried about the test I finally arose and studied. Awake, worried about the presentation I finally arose and prepared. Awake, worried about my family I finally arose and paced the house to clear my thoughts. How much time have I spent distracted?

  • I spend way too much time worried about the future I cannot control.
  • I spend way too much time thinking about what “if” instead of thinking about what “is.”
  • I spend way too much time trying to make sense out of the senseless.

When I get shaken or beat up by the world I panic and try to develop a plan to fix everything. All the while I have missed the main point of my existence namely CHRIST.

  • CHRIST is more important than anything I can worry about.
  • CHRIST is more important than anything I can aspire to achieve.
  • CHRIST is more important than anything I can hope to have.

Sometimes I make the mistake and think JESUS is only for my death. I mean I mistakenly think HIS only purpose is to save me from Hell and only focuses on heaven, but what about now? JESUS died for my sins and sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live with me daily. Each and every day I can consult with GOD to understand where to go and how to get there.

HE isn’t just the GOD of the future, HE is the GOD of the past and present as well. HE brings me peace today and has great plans for my future. HE is what I should focus on as being important.

  • What are you worried about?
  • Are you focused on what is not important?
  • Can you believe GOD has a great plan specifically made for you?
  • Will you believe HE is not trying to harm you but help you?

No comments:

Post a Comment