Friday, June 22, 2012

Fake light

2 Corinthians 11: 13 For such people are false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.14  15 It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.

============

Critical of another preacher, I left this church too. I mean it was obvious he was sleeping with half the congregation and taking their money. When I finally settled on a church I became a Sunday School teacher. This place was perfect because the congregation was a little older. I could still go out on Saturday’s and no one would know.

Then one Sunday someone came in and yelled across the room at me… “We had a great time at the club last night.” My high school students knew exactly which club and knew just how phony I had been.

  • When I try to act righteous I shine fake light.
  • When I try to act “goody-goody” I shine fake light.
  • When I try to act like I don’t sin I shine fake light.
  • When I try to act like sin and holiness can live together in harmony I shine fake light.

Fake light is produced when I try to manipulate the Bible’s words to get my way. When it is convenient to use its words in my favor I produce something that repels people away from GOD versus drawing them closer. If I want revenge then I can say “an eye for an eye” but when I have done wrong I can say “the LORD forgives sin.” Where is the true light?

  • GOD is not hypocritical so I can put my trust in HIM.
  • GOD’s word does not contradict itself so I should take it entirely in context.
  • GOD’s methods are unmatched so Satan’s temptation can never fix what is truly broken.

Fake light is dangerous. It goes out and seeks a crowd to justify its actions. It knows sin and is not willing to admit it. Justification is in fake light rather than sanctification. BUT GOD is the true light. JESUS volunteered to become the only human to live sinless. HE, being GOD, became lower than me and took my punishment. Now HE is alive and I am forgiven. Now that’s light!

  • Do you know the “true” light?
  • Are you following fake light and fighting to get your way?
  • Won’t you turn your life over to the true light?

No comments:

Post a Comment