Thursday, June 28, 2012

Five steps to peace

2 Corinthians 13: 11 Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

============

Living “the dream” was something I worked hard at. I mean trying to balance car notes, mortgage, new clothes, schools and an occasional vacation required a well-paying position. Unfortunately this position came with opposition and malice. Then the company faced peril and we faced a downward spiral that could wipe out many jobs.

I had a choice, fight with those who opposed me or restore them to achieve the goal. “Will there ever be enough peace to move forward” I thought to myself.

  • When I have worries I lose my peace.
  • When I am fighting with people I lose my peace.
  • When I am discouraged I lose my peace.
  • When I am in opposition with others I lose my peace.
  • When I am looking for a fight I lose my peace.

I thought living the dream was something to strive for then I found myself in a place without peace. Yes, there was an occasional accolade or two. We had wealth but no peace. Where was I going to find peace?

  • GOD wants me to rejoice in the middle of opposition and I will find peace.
  • GOD wants me to seek “full” restoration of my enemies and I will find peace.
  • GOD wants me to encourage people even when I feel discouraged and I will find peace.
  • GOD wants me to seek unity rather than competition and I will find peace.
  • GOD wants me to live in peace instead of picking fights and I will find peace.

Peace is not a destination it is a gift. All I have to do is open my eyes to what GOD wants me to do and I will have peace. HE said “I will be with you always even until the end of this age.” This statement alone gives me peace. When the enemy sticks his face in mine GOD steps in and protects me.

I no longer have to “wait to exhale” I can exhale through any situation and remain at “peace.”

  • Are you worried about something?
  • Do you have more “month” than “money”?
  • Are you facing some ailment or broken relationship?
  • Will you seek to restore “that” person?
  • Can you take a moment to praise GOD and live in peace today?

No comments:

Post a Comment