Friday, June 8, 2012

Have heart, have hope.

2 Corinthians 4: 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17 18 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

============

My hard working parents bought me a gift for Christmas but it wasn’t what I wanted. I cried and couldn’t see their effort nor could I see that actually the gift was better than the thing I wanted until I began to play with it.

My car died on the side of the road in the middle of the night in the middle of nowhere. I sulked and wondered why I had this raggedy car and couldn’t see that about ten minutes later a couple would pick me up and would pray with me. I guess I lose heart too quickly.

  • When I focus on my momentary troubles I lose heart quickly.
  • When I look at my current situation I build up worry quickly.
  • When I see my immediate problem I create fear quickly.

Every time I think there is no hope, GOD steps in and shows HIS marvelous plan.  HE knew I would be in trouble and HE knew I would need the thing HE planned.  I fret, fray and fight the situation meanwhile GOD is busy handling what is going on.

  • GOD renews my mind and SPIRIT daily.
  • GOD gave me eternal glory that outweighs any situation.
  • GOD is my guide to the other side of my problems.

HE placed HIS light in me to work out all situations, troubles and attacks. HE gave me another tool to fight fear and that is to focus on what is unseen rather than what is seen. GOD is on the other side of this and every situation which gives me hope.

  • Have you lost your hope?
  • Can you stop focusing on what you see and focus on what GOD is doing?
  • Will you believe GOD has this situation all worked out with a better plan than you can see?
  • Can you stop worrying for a short period of time to praise GOD today?

No comments:

Post a Comment