Monday, June 11, 2012

I am confident

2 Corinthians 5:Now the one who has fashioned us for this very purpose is God, who has given us the Spirit as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

Therefore we are always confident and know that as long as we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord. For we live by faith, not by sight.

============

Tense was the atmosphere we had during one of the reorganizations. You could cut the tension with a knife. Everyone was waiting to see if they had a position. Would they be pulled into the office down the hall? What would they say once in there?

They called me in and said “You have a position with us, go home and don’t discuss this with anyone at work.” I was relieved! I could go home and rest. My job was guaranteed and suddenly I could act differently and think differently. I could act with confidence. I wish I had this all the time.

  • My confidence is shallow when I depend on my job status.
  • My confidence is shallow when I depend on my money.
  • My confidence is shallow when I depend on my wits.

Sometimes I forget that GOD made me.  I mean sometimes I think I am on this planet for “my” ambitions not HIS. When I stop getting my way I lose my confidence.

  • GOD wants my confidence to be in HIM not in “me.”
  • GOD wants my confidence to be on HIS purpose not just my ambitions.
  • GOD wants my confidence to be centered on HIS faithfulness not on what I can see.

When I think about the things I cannot see, I get worried.  I say to myself “I can’t see how this situation is going to change.” Inevitably GOD steps in and shows HIS might and supremacy over the circumstance.

  • Where is your confidence?
  • Do you have more confidence in yourself than in GOD?
  • Can you start putting your confidence in GOD today?
  • Will you ask HIM for a double helping of faith?

No comments:

Post a Comment