Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Something to depend on

2 Corinthians 1: 21 Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, 22 set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come.

============

“I’m going to be there” I said to someone. I sent my response in and noted the event on my calendar. On the day of the event I couldn’t make it.  I was unreliable.

  • Many times I have promised things and let people down.
  • Many times I have good intentions but fall short on execution.
  • Many times I have plans that just don’t seem to come to fruition.

I am so glad GOD didn’t leave salvation totally up to me.  HE strengthens my belief in HIS SON and has set me apart for an eternal relationship with HIM. GOD has placed HIS SPIRIT inside me so I can reap the benefits.

  • Faith comes from GOD and it is a gift I desire more of.
  • Wisdom comes from GOD and it provides the right guidance to follow HIM.
  • Generosity comes from GOD and HIS SON modeled this action to the letter.
  • Salvation comes from GOD and there is nothing I can do but praise HIM for it.

GOD did a remarkable thing.  HE placed HIS seal on me and HIS SPIRIT inside me to guarantee my salvation. HE watches over me daily and guides me to peace.  HE holds my future and has protected my past. This is what I depend on.

  • Are you uncertain about your future?
  • Have you started believing lies about yourself?
  • Can you believe GOD has taken care of everything for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment