Tuesday, June 26, 2012

True Strength

2 Corinthians 12:But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. 10 That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

============

One hundred thirty pound weakling was the best description of me after college. I joined the local gym in hopes of gaining some muscle. Slightly intimidated, I eased my way into the free weight area and attempted to bench press. Muscle guys stared intently as I struggled to lift the weight. After I finished they asked, “are you done?”

“Yes” I said and they began to add weight and bench ten times what I was lifting. My strength was not adequate to help them if they needed a spot.

  • My strength will not get me very far in life.
  • My strength comes in short bursts and quickly runs out.
  • My strength sometimes feels helpless in situations I cannot control.

Whenever I am facing some difficult situation I think my strength is sufficient. I mean I start working on stuff as fast as I can in hopes that “my strength” can deliver me. There is one flaw to my plan. My strength isn’t strong enough to erase wrong or create right. My strength is laced with holes and powered by fear and weakness. My strength is not adequate.

  • GOD says “MY grace is sufficient for you” which means HE does not need “my strength.”
  • GOD says “MY power is made perfect in weakness” which means I have to admit I am weak.
  • GOD says “MY SON paid the price” which means I don’t have to seek a savior any longer, I found one.

GOD’s strength is infinite. HE handles all situations with extreme precision and wisdom. HE loves when I step back and watch HIM clear up the situation. HE loves when I recognize HIM as being GOD.

  • Are you trying to do things under your own strength?
  • Are you attempting to fix your own situation with sin?
  • Will you try GOD’s power for a change?
  • Won’t you step back and watch HIM work in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment