Monday, June 4, 2012

A way out of the fire

2 Corinthians 1:Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. For just as we share abundantly in the sufferings of Christ, so also our comfort abounds through Christ.

============

It seemed like the year of “death” was never going to end. We had attended more funerals than we could count on both hands and it just did not stop. Meanwhile bills mounted higher and the demands kept coming. Is there any relief?

  • There are times when troubles get to me.
  • There are times when life presses me on all sides.
  • There are times when I just want some relief from the trial.

During these pressing times it seems like GOD doesn’t hear me or care about me. I mean why do I have to go through the trial anyway? Can’t GOD just zap the lesson I’m supposed to learn in me without the trial?

  • When I go through trials it isn’t just to learn a lesson of discipline it is to learn empathy.
  • When I go through trouble it isn’t just for punishment it is to strengthen some weak areas.
  • When I go through tribulation it isn’t just for evil to “win” this time it is to show others what comfort GOD has shown me when I come out the other side.

GOD is the GOD of compassion.  HE knows what I’m going through at all times. HE definitely knows what trials I’m facing and what I’m worried about. HE knows I seek comfort and HE is ready to give it to me in abundance but it may be in a different way than I think.

HE may take me through a trial just to bring me through it to help someone else with that same trial. GOD has an abundance of comfort for me. HE tells me to hold on through this trial because HE is with me.

  • Are you going through trials?
  • Are you facing some trouble that seems like there is no way out?
  • When the trial is over can you tell someone how GOD brought you comfort?

No comments:

Post a Comment