Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Weak weapons Strong weapons

2 Corinthians 12: 20 For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear that there may be discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder.

============

“Keep a level head,” “Treat people as you want them to treat you,” “Slow down when situations are escalating,” “Don’t stoop to low levels, take the high road” are amongst the many words of advice my mentors have given me throughout the years. As they watched me grow so did my career.

But the people they warned me about in some advice given, got on my nerves. I mean they deserved a few slanderous words and “when I take over I would get rid of them,” I thought to myself. Was I becoming like them?

  • Discord and jealousy get me nowhere but in trouble.
  • Fits of rage and self-ambition put me on an island that no one wants to be on.
  • Slander and gossip are tools for the weak and when I use them it takes away my strength.
  • Arrogance and disorder are the result of losing my cool and using weak weapons.

It takes strength not to fall to “that” person’s level and I have failed at that over and over again. When I do, I don’t want my mentors watching me. It seems like things get in a mess and situations begin popping up all over the place. BUT GOD gave me different weapons to use.

  • GOD gave me “prayer” which is an open door to come to HIM with any situation I’m in.
  • GOD gave me “faith” to be used when my selfish ambitions get in the way.
  • GOD gave me “promises” that if I serve others HE would reward me abundantly, if not in this life then in the next.
  • GOD gave me “love” to be dished out on those I want to slander so I can see the example HIS SON did for me.

“But they are acting a fool” I thought to myself. GOD says “Follow MY gently, faithful, kind, merciful, loving ways and you will always be fine. “I guess I better get back on the high road and not let them take me down” was the thought that set my course straight.

  • Is someone getting on your nerves?
  • Do you feel rage building up just thinking about “that” person?
  • Can you slow your thoughts down enough to see and hear GOD’s ways?
  • Won’t you listen to HIM and show “that” person some love?

No comments:

Post a Comment