Monday, June 25, 2012

When I’m weak HE is strong

2 Corinthians 11: 30 If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.

============

“This is my year” I thought to myself. The promotion would be mine because our team worked hard and we delivered on time and well within budget. Now it was time to tell people about our accomplishments. Every year we would do performance appraisals and I listed all the things “I” oops “we” had accomplished.

When I didn’t get the promotion a mentor told me I need to learn how to brag about myself without sounding like I’m bragging. I wonder if GOD wants me to do this.

  • When I brag about myself I’m seeking approval from people who may not have my best interest in mind.
  • When I boast about my accomplishments I overlook the one who made them come true.
  • When I brag about my actions I may be trying to cover up flaws.

Boasting draws the attention to me and once everyone is watching, I need to keep on boasting otherwise they will see my broken parts. This vicious cycle does not work well with the LORD because I leave HIM out of the picture.

  • When I show others my weaknesses it takes their eyes off of me and puts them on the LORD.
  • When I show others my defects it enables others to bring their defects to the LORD.
  • When I show others my problems it opens the door for people with the same problem to give it to the LORD.

“Why am I bragging” is the question I had to ask myself. Is it to get another award or accolade? Do I feel better when others celebrate “my” accomplishments? Well, to tell the truth I believed bragging was my way to the top. BUT GOD wants me to use the light inside of me to focus the attention on HIS SON.

HE doesn’t want me to be proud of my weaknesses rather HE wants me to openly admit I have them and HE is the forgiver and gives me eternal life. He wants my weakness to point to HIS strength.

  • Are you busy trying to be something in front of people?
  • Are you seeking approval from people who cannot see GOD inside of you?
  • Can you stop trying to seek human approval and seek GOD’s blessings?
  • Will you open yourself up to show your weaknesses so you don’t have to hide any longer?

No comments:

Post a Comment