Friday, July 20, 2012

From tragedy to triumphant

Galatians 6:Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

============

Disturbed by another heinous act of violence I ran through many emotions and thoughts this morning. “Why did another shooter take so many lives?” was the first thought on my mind. Then I immediately tried to figure out who to blame. What a tragedy! Can’t we ever just live peaceful lives?

  • When I think other people will bring me peace I am highly mistaken.
  • When I blame others for stealing my peace I am highly mistaken.
  • When I believe circumstances are too bleak to ever have peace I am highly mistaken.

There are many tragic situations that happen on a daily basis. In fact it seems more like they are happening each hour! BUT GOD doesn’t want me to be shaken by tragedy rather focus on triumph!

  • When I encourage someone I overcome tragedy.
  • When I choose to praise GOD instead of venting frustration I overcome tragedy.
  • When I place blame in the grave and uphold the ways of the SPIRIT I overcome tragedy.

I could point to others and say “look at this sick society” or I can say “how can I lift someone up today?” I believe it’s obvious which one GOD wants me to do. GOD wants me to exclaim the GREAT NEWS about HIS SON who went through tragedy and became triumphant.  

  • Are you feeling defeated?
  • Do you blame others for your situation?
  • Do you blame others for the direction the nation or the world is headed?
  • Can you take today’s tragedy and become triumphant?
  • Won’t you encourage someone today and defeat tragedy?

No comments:

Post a Comment