Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It takes faith to let them be them

Galatians 3: 26 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 28 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

============

“Slam, bang, clack, clack, clack” was the noise that finally stepped on my last nerve. My neighbor above me had a tendency to move things around and drop items on her hardwood floor at 2:00 A.M. I went upstairs and knocked on the door. “Could you please hold it down” I said to her.  These were my first words I had ever spoken to her.

Her response was “You know what you need… you need a house!” Before I could come back with a snappy retort I actually thought to myself maybe she’s right. Why am I trying to change her?

  • Many times I want others to be the way “I” want them to be.
  • Many times I try to change others to fit “my” comfort level.
  • Many times I place “my” expectations on how others should act instead of changing myself.

But you say “that” person was in the wrong. Yes, that could very well be true BUT GOD wants me to think differently.

  • GOD wants me to know other people are forgiven just like HE forgave me.
  • GOD wants me to know that HE is not only LORD over me, HE is LORD over everyone.
  • GOD wants me to know HE does not segregate or isolate rather HE permeates and saturates.

GOD wants men and women from all backgrounds to fall to their knees and worship HIS SON who died for the sins of mankind. It truly takes faith to let others be themselves especially when I want them to worship GOD the way I do. GOD loves differences that’s why no “two” of anything is exactly alike.

HE created a world full of differences and it is up to me to accept them and even appreciate a different view. HE wants me to have the faith that HE knows how to handle “that” person because HE made them.

  • Do you think “that” person is worshipping GOD wrong?
  • Are you sure GOD needs to change their heart or yours?
  • Can you see what GOD is doing in your life?
  • Won’t you reach out to someone you may not be comfortable talking to about CHRIST?

No comments:

Post a Comment