Monday, July 16, 2012

Spiritual Yeast Infection

Galatians 5:“A little yeast works through the whole batch of dough.”

============

Lies were not easy to tell around my house because it seemed like my parents were always on top of things so I moved my “lying” operation to my classmates.  It was easy to lie and make up stories that would make me look good. I got better and better at my lies.  Once I was in the middle of a lie and asked myself “what will I gain from this lie?”

  • If I start lying then my lies grow bigger and I get better at it.
  • If I take a paperclip from work then I will justify taking more and more.
  • If I use one person then I will seek more to use.
  • If I scam someone then I can scam my way to get what I want right? Wrong!

Yeast is sin and it only takes a little to ruin me or even worse ruin a group of people.  Once my morals have been breached then it is only a matter of time in which I am dragging others down in the gutter with me.  How can I get rid of this “yeast infection?”

  • When I see others as GOD sees them then I remove my “yeast infection.”
  • When I crave to be mature in CHRIST then I remove my “yeast infection.”
  • When I do what GOD wants me to do instead of doing what I want to do then I remove my “yeast infection.”

A little sin does ruin the entire person and takes down entire groups of people. It blinds people to the truth making them think they are well when they really aren’t.  I should know, I think I’m fine every day. BUT GOD knows my “sin” illness very well and the more I turn to HIM the more HE works through me.

HE is the only one who can eradicate my sin and declare me innocent of my guilt. All I have to do is “admit” my guilt to HIM and HE will do the rest.

  • What path are you on?
  • Do you believe you are healthy by your own actions?
  • When is the last time you have admitted your wrong actions to GOD?
  • Since CHRIST paid the price for your sin, does that give you a license to continue to sin without admission?
  • Won’t you make some effort in giving up some of your sin by asking for help from GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment