Colossians 1: 15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him.
17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
Generosity was taught to me by my in-laws. Investing was taught to me by one of my best friend’s parents. Cooking was taught to me by many of my “mothers” and “uncles” from neighborhoods far and wide. My parents taught me about GOD.
These were people to admire yet they do not quite match up to the ONE I am supposed to look at.
- JESUS is the SON of GOD who created all things with the FATHER and the HOLY SPIRIT.
- JESUS is the one who all things were created for.
- JESUS is the authority who puts rulers in charge of governments.
- JESUS is the one who is supreme over any force or power.
- JESUS is the glue that holds all things together.
- JESUS is the church and HE chose to die just for me.
In these days of people looking at other people to admire, it’s difficult to find someone who is truly in my corner. I mean what is the hidden agenda “that” person holds? JESUS is above everything so HE has no need to have a hidden agenda.
HE willingly and purposefully died for me to serve a sentence HE declared. HE said I should die because of my sins yet HE turned around and died for me. Now that HE is alive HE is busy building a place for me and those who believe in HIS supremacy. HE is the one I should focus on.
- Are you wearing yourself out trying to be a role model?
- Are you disappointed in someone?
- Have people pulled away from you?
- Can you focus on JESUS today and ponder what HE has done for you?
- Will you give HIM your cares today?