Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Aw do I have to do that LORD?

Philippians 2: 14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky
16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain.

============

My parents told me to do the dishes. “Aw man” I thought to myself. I wanted to watch TV. My supervisor seemed to give me busy work. “Aw man” I thought to myself. I wanted to hide and possibly get a nap in at work. In my career stage my boss made me take notes in a meeting. “Aw man” now they want me to act like an admin instead of sitting at the table. Can’t I do what I want?

  • When I am blind I grumble at tasks handed to me.
  • When I am immature I fuss and fight to get out of doing things.
  • When I think too highly of myself I get upset at doing tasks I feel are beneath me.

Wow! GOD wants me to do “everything” without grumbling or arguing?! That seems to be a pretty tall order.  I mean what if the person who is barking out orders to me is a jerk? GOD says look at things a little differently.

  • GOD doesn’t want me looking at the task rather look at the person as HE does.
  • GOD doesn’t want me to view myself higher than the task rather be an example to others.
  • GOD doesn’t want me to fuss and fight with people rather HE wants HIS light to shine through me when I humble myself.

It’s not the task that is important it’s the “purpose” of the task. Sometimes GOD raises me up to heights I never would have imagined and sometimes HE makes me lower than the lowest but the purpose is still the same. GOD wants HIS SON to be recognized and worshipped.

Our generation is “warped and crooked” and it is difficult to find a person who seems to carry a smile during difficult times. GOD wants me to be alright with the mundane menial tasks that no one wants to do. HIS light will shine in all of my grumble-less efforts.

  • Are you grumbling over what you are doing?
  • Do you feel tired of doing “that” thing again?
  • Are you doing something for someone who doesn’t deserve your talents?
  • Can you do your tasks for GOD instead of doing them for people today?

No comments:

Post a Comment