Thursday, August 2, 2012

I was made for this!

Ephesians 2:For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith —and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

============

Lying, cheating and stealing is where I found myself at one point in my life.  I mean it was harmless to say “fine” when in reality I was hurting inside so I wasn’t really lying right? Also I was working to pay for college so I didn’t have time to really write “that” paper so I asked someone to do it for me but that isn’t really cheating right?

And the company I worked for made billions so they expect for me to copy flyers at work and staple books together. It was for a “good cause” so they won’t mind and that’s not stealing right?

  • No matter how good my intentions are my sin bubbles out of me.
  • No matter how I try to hide my sins GOD can still see what I am doing.
  • No matter how much I try to justify my actions I am still responsible for my sins.

One day I sat in my apartment and I looked at my life.  I was used to “stretching” the truth to get my way or stay out of trouble. I was used to “taking short cuts” in lieu of doing the work. I was used to getting some service for free otherwise known as “the hook up.” Where was I? Was I made for this? NO!

  • GOD saved me in the middle of my sin because of HIS grace.
  • GOD saved me to do “good works.”
  • GOD saved me as a gift to me and doesn’t want me to waste HIS gift of grace.

Good works do not save me rather I was made for GOD’s good works. HIS grace and mercy makes me look at “my” life rather than looking at others and I definitely see I am not worthy of HIS grace but I accept HIS gift wholeheartedly. I can celebrate with others by doing good works instead of complaining about what people are saying or doing.

I can tell people about the love of GOD’s SON, JESUS who saved any who believe. That’s what I was made for!

  • Where are you?
  • What sin is holding you back from doing GOD’s “good works?”
  • Do you believe in GOD’s grace for you or are you trying to work for HIS favor?
  • Won’t you celebrate HIS grace by forgetting your sin and focusing others on HIS love?

No comments:

Post a Comment