Monday, August 20, 2012

I’m still here so I should get to work

Philippians 1: 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know!
23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body.

============

One day I just sat on the edge of my bed wondering “what’s the purpose?” I mean it seemed like working was futile because I didn’t have enough money to cover my debts, people in the world were mad at me and I wasn’t getting any of my desires met, or so it seemed. Preachers kept speaking about heaven being a wonderful place to be and I thought “LORD can’t you just take me home?”

Meanwhile, more tragedy kept coming my way. Ailments hit various people, death seemed to loom over some of my friends’ families and the news channels never stopped being dismal. When will there ever be peace?

  • Life has many difficulties and sometimes I get tired.
  • Life has some tough news and sometimes I get weary.
  • Life has a lot of bad news and sometimes I get distressed.

It seemed like GOD was taking HIS sweet little time when it came to “my” problems and I found myself pouting in the corner wanting “my” situations to change. GOD didn’t change the situation but HE did do something greater.

  • GOD opened my eyes to see other people are hurting and need to hear a word of peace.
  • GOD opened my ears to be able to hear the needs of others instead of wallowing in my pity.
  • GOD opened my heart to feel what other people are feeling and finally understand I need to show compassion no matter the circumstance.

I’m still here on the Earth so I should get to work telling people about GOD’s compassion.  “What compassion” you ask. Well, in the middle of my sin CHRIST took my punishment. HE paid the ultimate price for me and showed compassion for me that I can never repay. Now HE sends people to me one at a time to hear about HIS grace, mercy and love.

There is plenty of work and so few to take on the challenge of compassion. GOD says “remain and I will be with you.”

  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Are you frustrated with your current results?
  • Can you realize that your current situation is right where GOD wants you so HE can grow you?
  • Will you take the time to tell someone about GOD’s grace in spite of your circumstance?

No comments:

Post a Comment