Monday, August 13, 2012

Showing the way

Ephesians 5:For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light
(for the fruit of the light consists in all goodness, righteousness and truth) 10 and find out what pleases the Lord.

============

“Let’s see… a potato chip box, some foil, paper clips and rubber bands, that’s what I need” I said to myself. As I started to build my project I became discouraged that I didn’t know what I was doing. These flimsy materials were my ingredients of a robot I was about to build for the science fair.

When I told my teacher what I wanted to build, she smiled and pointed me to a book of science projects. I felt better with this glimmer of enlightenment.

  • Many times I have had to deal with being in the dark and I felt alone.
  • Many times I have felt “left out” and wanted someone to just point me in the right direction.
  • Many times I have been clueless to what was going on and felt inadequate and lost.

GOD said I was “darkness” not “in the dark.” This means I was the cause of people falling away from HIM.  In my sin I was causing people to turn away from GOD so I could get what I wanted. BUT GOD shined HIS light in my eyes and wants me to behave differently.

  • GOD wants me to understand what is pleasing to HIM so I can enlighten others.
  • GOD wants me to pursue what is right so I can enlighten others.
  • GOD wants me to seek the truth from HIM so I can enlighten others.

GOD says “you know the way to MY kingdom so act like it.” In other words “live as children of light” which means showing others the way towards HIM.  It doesn’t mean putting on a façade or acting goody, goody while hiding my sin. GOD wants me to admit my sin to the world and tell everyone “HIS grace is sufficient.”  This is pleasing to the LORD.

  • Are you trying to live your life without asking GOD what HE wants?
  • Are you so busy with life that you are still in the dark about what HE wants from you?
  • Can you open the eyes of your heart and allow HIM to give you direction?
  • Will you shine the light HE has given you today and help someone who needs direction?

No comments:

Post a Comment