Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Who is worthy of my presence?

Ephesians 4:Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.

============

My tolerance for nonsense started shrinking when I saw people pouting over who won an award in our department. On one side the lack of congratulations disgusted me and on the other the choice of a buddy to receive the award made me ill. “Just wait until I become the boss, I am going to fire all these people” I thought to myself.

  • When I have rage I handle people harshly.
  • When I want something my anxiety makes me impatient towards others.
  • When I feel I know more than others I judge them and usually cause dissension.

I can usually tell when I am not acting like GOD wants me to. Major groups of people start falling off my radar and my circle shrinks more and more. After a while I am only touching who “I” consider worthy of my presence. Usually I can justify my actions because “they” are acting ugly and I am not, right? Wrong!

  • GOD wants me to be completely humble and gentle towards people, even those who are harsh to me.
  • GOD wants me to be patient with people especially those who I mistake for slow and weak.
  • GOD wants me to bear with others in love in hopes that they will see the love GOD has for me.

There is one LORD, one faith, one baptism, one GOD and FATHER of all and HE wants me to act in unity with all HE sends to me. When I judge too harshly or use my blunt, crass approach I notice HE stops sending people my way.  Yes the Bible says correct people but it says do it “in love.”

I must put the person over the sin they are doing. In other words I have to make every effort to see “each” person as GOD sees them.

  • Are you better than “those” people?
  • Are “they” not following GOD like you are following HIM?
  • Are you judging others by what they are doing?
  • Have you examined yourself and judged yourself by your own measure?

No comments:

Post a Comment