Friday, September 7, 2012

A drastic change

Colossians 3:Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.

You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips.

Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices
10 and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.

============

Our discussion centered on women, cars, money and positions. We had our futures ahead of us and the lusts for all these things were prominent. There was a magic number for a salary when I graduated that would set fire to my life for a while.  I mean what’s wrong with having stuff and with “dating” a few folks? I’m still a believer right?

  • When I am greedy it is difficult for me to be generous.
  • When I am lustful it is difficult for me to relate to someone in a deeper way.
  • When I am angry it is difficult for me to show GOD’s peace.
  • When I am slanderous it is difficult for me to show grace to someone who may not know CHRIST.
  • When I am foul in my language it is difficult for GODLY words to cross the same lips.

Lust, lying and language are all things GOD can easily forgive. HE knows I sin but forgives me anyway. Yet when I act upon these things there is an empty feeling.  The hole in my heart just grows bigger and bigger. What can fill it?

  • GOD wants me to look forward to HIS kingdom and lose focus on the earth little by little.
  • GOD wants me to walk on HIS path which includes fruit not destruction.
  • GOD wants me to be new each day dropping a little sin off here and there.

It’s a process.  I am not going to be changed right away but little by little I am becoming what GOD wants me to become.

  • Are you caught up in a lifestyle that is not pleasing to GOD?
  • Do you feel you should make a change?
  • Have you tried to seek HIS face?
  • Won’t you let HIM guide your path?

No comments:

Post a Comment