Monday, September 17, 2012

Is my life respectful?

1 Thessalonians 4: 10 And in fact, you do love all of God’s family throughout Macedonia. Yet we urge you, brothers and sisters, to do so more and more, 11 and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you,
12 so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

============

Feeling light headed I ordered another pitcher of beer. It was after work and we were blowing off steam. We stayed there for hours and we were blessed to make it back to our hotel. The desk manager said to us… “They have been trying to reach you for hours, the emergency system is not working correctly and they need you to come in.”

Again, we were blessed to make it there safely. It was hard to think but we managed to fix the problem. The county personnel could see us struggle. I vowed never to drink another drop of liquor again but I wonder what kind of impression I left.

  • Whether I like it or not, someone is always watching what I do.
  • Whether I like it or not, someone is paying attention to how I conduct myself.
  • Whether I like it or not, someone is seeing how I act and react in difficult situations.

If I were to just withdraw from society, people would take note and if I were to make a spectacle of myself, someone would be right there soaking it in. This seems like a lot of pressure to live for other people. I mean can’t I just live for me?

  • GOD allows me to make my own decisions but loves when I choose to follow HIS way.
  • GOD allows me to choose to be HIS example or to be my own example outside of HIM.
  • GOD allows me to be involved with others and it’s up to me to choose if I am going to show HIS way or my way.

Love is what GOD wants me to demonstrate.  HE wants me to add love more and more each day. When I show love it means I am going to get close to people. HE wants me to stay out of their “business” yet remain an example to them while demonstrating acts of kindness.

GOD wants me to work so that I won’t have to depend on others and HE desires that I set my goals on a “quiet” life that points at HIM instead of me. The purpose of my life is to be HIS example as much as I can even when I mess up.

  • Is your life a good example of CHRIST?
  • Are you judging others or loving others?
  • Can you add a little love (action word) to your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment