Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My hearing goes away during trouble

1 Thessalonians 1:You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit.

============

Crouched behind the couch I could hear my name being called. I was already on punishment and I had breached my sentence by going outside when I wasn’t supposed to. I snuck back into the house and hid behind the couch.

Hours later I could hear many people on the block calling my name. Now the mess was getting bigger. I thought to myself “I’m really in trouble now! I better stay in my hiding place.” When it got late I emerged from my hiding place and tried to go to my room without anyone seeing me. Maybe they will think I magically appeared. I actually was wrong about being in more hot water.

  • When I’m in trouble I cannot hear well.
  • When I panic I cannot hear well.
  • When I am in despair I cannot hear well.

No matter how much a person talks, screams or yells I cannot hear them when I feel I’m suffering. I wallow in my situation and cannot move forward. It’s like being crouched behind a couch, hiding from the world. BUT GOD wants me to hear HIM in the middle of my trouble.

  • In the middle of my trouble GOD wants me to be still and listen to HIS direction.
  • In the middle of my trouble GOD wants me to have peace that only comes from HIM.
  • In the middle of my trouble GOD wants me to remain calm so I can see HIS love, grace and mercy even during the trial.

It’s hard to see and hear GOD when I’m suffering, but GOD takes me through the trial to strengthen me, not beat me up like a bully. GOD’s love is incredible and that’s what I need to focus on during my difficult time.

  • Are you going through a difficult time?
  • Are you wondering when will GOD save you?
  • Can you praise HIM in the middle of your suffering?
  • Won’t you be an example to others by praising GOD even before HE delivers you?

No comments:

Post a Comment