Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Where was I when HE found me?

1 Timothy 1: 12 I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me trustworthy, appointing me to his service. 13 Even though I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent man, I was shown mercy because I acted in ignorance and unbelief. 14 The grace of our Lord was poured out on me abundantly, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

============

As I sat at the bar on another Saturday night with “friends” I thought to myself “what am I doing here?” I mean this is definitely not fulfilling! After being popular it seemed like I was living out a sentence of reclusion in a “Podunk” town. I was in the middle of a crowd feeling lonely but this time not lonely for people.

What was missing? People invited me out so that wasn’t it. We had laughter so that wasn’t it. We had shallow meaningless conversations so that wasn’t it. What could fill my emptiness?

  • When I try to fill my life with sensuous pleasure I may be running away from something.
  • When I try to surround myself with frolicking I may need to face something.
  • When I go to the extreme to make myself happy I may need to deal with something.

What was I missing?  I was “the man” on campus then I wasn’t “the man” in this small town. Was it the town that was the problem? Nah! GOD had a different path that HE wanted me on.

  • No matter what my past was GOD wants to pour out HIS love on me.
  • No matter what I’ve done GOD wants to show HIS faithfulness to me.
  • No matter where I’ve wandered to GOD wants to give me grace in abundance.

Somehow GOD saw right through my sinful façade. HE dug to the core and considered me trustworthy to carry HIS message. HE appointed me to HIS service in the middle of my ignorance and unbelief. HE found me when I wasn’t looking for HIM.

  • Is your heart empty?
  • Are you unfulfilled?
  • Is your life out of control?
  • Can you look to CHRIST to fill the hole in your heart?
  • Won’t you give up that lifestyle for one that is fulfilling and full of GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment