Wednesday, September 19, 2012

You are wonderful!

1 Thessalonians 5: 11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

============

Blissful was my existence as I did not recognize insults at one time. Passive aggressive barbs would fly over my head until I realized the laughter was not “with” me rather “at” me. “Okay, if that’s how you’re going to play then I’ll sharpen my tongue and see how you like it” I thought to myself.

When I laid into the first few people I tore them to shreds and I realized I had to back it off just a tad. After a while I could stick you instead of stabbing you. I had perfected the insult. I mean they know I’m just joking right?

  • My cynicism does not help anyone grow.
  • My sarcasm does not show anyone the right path.
  • My pessimism does not foster innovation.
  • My nihilism does not encourage a positive atmosphere.

People are hurting and I can’t say I’m immune. Call me sensitive or too serious but I can only stomach negative talk for a very short period of time. In fact my patience for slander is zero and my tolerance for negative is nil. What can I do about a society who makes heroes out of slanderous bullies?

  • GOD wants me to encourage people one at a time.
  • GOD wants me to show others “they can” do accomplish their goals it they are aligned with HIM.
  • GOD wants me to be a positive light in this dark world.
  • GOD wants me to build people up even when they are shooting barbs at me.

My job is to build people up whether they think lowly or highly of themselves. I should not evaluate whether you need to be built up, it should just be part of me. Encouragement is a weapon that fights off worry, doubt, fear, loneliness and a host of ills that press against us.

When I encourage others I encourage myself. Building people up takes practice and helps me grow in the process.

  • Are you in need of encouragement?
  • Do you know GOD made you special and wonderful?
  • Can you accept the fact that HIS plan for you is to make you great?
  • Won’t you encourage others for the purpose of building them up to see and hear CHRIST?

No comments:

Post a Comment