Friday, October 26, 2012

HIS promises are never broken

Hebrews 6: 13 When God made his promise to Abraham, since there was no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself, 14 saying, “I will surely bless you and give you many descendants.” 15 And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.

============

When my bike was stolen I thought my life was ruined…well at least for that moment. I also thought the same thing when I had my first accident, when I missed an interview and when I watched a plane leave with the VP on it and I wasn’t.

Can anything good come out of bad situations?

  • When bad situations happen I think I’m being punished.
  • When bad situations happen I sometimes think my life is ruined.
  • When bad situations happen I let my mind race in the wrong direction and fall to my worries, fears and doubts.

Little did I know these “bad” moments in my life were those that would shape me. Looking back I can see each situation acting like a puzzle piece to a greater picture. GOD seems to have HIS hand on these “bad” situations.

  • GOD made a promise to me that HE has a wonderful plan for me.
  • GOD made a promise to me that HE would always be with me even until the end of this age and beyond.
  • GOD made a promise to me that HE would wipe away all my tears and forgive me for all my sins if I would just believe in HIS SON’s position and efforts.

When GOD makes a promise you can believe HE is going to keep it. I may have one way I think the promise should play out and I am usually wrong. I never would have chosen the path HE has placed me on. HE put obstacles in front of me to turn my life back to HIM. Now I can see those “bad” situations weren’t bad at all, they were simply nudges.


  • Are you going through a difficult time?
  • What is GOD trying to tell you by having you in this situation?
  • Can you believe HE has a wonderful plan for you?
  • Won’t you believe HE will always keep HIS promise of loving you forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment