Monday, October 1, 2012

How healthy am I?

1 Timothy 4:Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales; rather, train yourself to be godly. For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.

This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance.
10 That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe.

============

Treacherous was the description of the road as I tooled along at fifteen miles per hour. Snow blowing thwarted my visibility but I was determined to get there. When I arrived I breathed a sigh of relief. I could lift weights in peace because I had the whole gym to myself.

The bodybuilding competition was coming up in a few months and I wanted to be ready. Besides, I could miss church if I worked out too hard.

  • Sometimes I put my ambitions in the wrong place.
  • Sometimes I place my ambitions higher than the prime objective.
  • Sometimes I put my ambitions first and other things fall somewhere down the list.

Health concerns are good. I should rest, eat right and exercise as much as possible, but all these things won’t amount to much if my spirit is not healthy. I mean if I am lazy in my service to GOD then my spirit can get sick and out of shape.

  • GOD wants me to take time to speak with HIM to build my faith muscles.
  • GOD wants me to take time to read about HIM to build my perseverance and joy muscles.
  • GOD wants me to take time to serve others for HIM to build my generosity and love muscles.

It actually requires a conscience effort to pay attention to GOD. I can get so wrapped up in trying to accomplish something that I forget why I’m here in the first place. GOD put me here to be HIS. The more training I do the easier it is to “be” the person HE wants me to be.

  • Are you training yourself for GOD?
  • Can GOD use a little of your life today?
  • Won’t you set some of your ambition aside and focus on what GOD would want you to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment