Friday, October 19, 2012

I have someone who can help

Hebrews 2: 17 For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. 18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

============

When I compare my temptations to other folks they seem rather mild. Okay, I was tempted to take my parents’ car without permission, look at a body I wasn’t married to, or move ahead in the company while taking others out of my way. People today would say “you are really a wimp” especially since I was really nervous as the temptation popped in my head.

Even though my temptations may seem mild they are temptations nonetheless. Who can help me with my temptations?

  • When I am tempted to sin, I try to run away from GOD.
  • When I am tempted to sin, I blame GOD for making too many rules.
  • When I am tempted to sin, I look at others instead of myself and I justify my actions.

The devil knows sin blinds me from GOD’s grace. Every time I sin, I can’t see how GOD would love me, nor can I see that I have the right to tell anyone else about HIM.  I mean what would I say? “Follow the rules?” I couldn’t even follow them myself. Wait, maybe that’s what I should say!

  • I should tell people I sin and GOD forgives me.
  • I should tell people JESUS became a human and understands everything I go through.
  • I should tell people GOD desires to help “anyone” who is willing to hear HIM.

GOD loved me so much that HE took my punishment for sin. HE sentenced HIMSELF and allowed HIS humans to murder HIM. Before HE died HE was tempted in every way possible. Yes “every way.” HE never sinned and fully understands my battle. HE is my focus to help me see around the temptation.

  • Are you tempted?
  • Do you feel like you are not in control of your life?
  • Can you allow GOD to comfort you?
  • Won’t you believe HE knows what you are going through and wants to help?

No comments:

Post a Comment