Monday, October 29, 2012

Need a sure thing?

Hebrews 7: 22 Because of this oath, Jesus has become the guarantor of a better covenant.

23 Now there have been many of those priests, since death prevented them from continuing in office; 24 but because Jesus lives forever, he has a permanent priesthood. 25 Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.

============

“I’m going to be rich” I thought to myself. I mean this day trading stuff is easy. All I have to do is pick a stock to purchase on the stock market, buy it and watch my money grow.  I asked a few people which stock they liked and after getting my advice I had my sure thing.

I purchased my stock and watched it climb. I had my sure thing! The next week I noticed the value was down a little, then a little more and more, soon it was worthless.  I received a letter stating the company had gone belly up and all who had invested had lost their money.  What happened to my sure thing?

  • When I depend on my plan I am not depending on a sure thing.
  • When I depend on money I am not depending on a sure thing.
  • When I depend on insurance, doctors or my health I am not depending on a sure thing.

Because life has so many inconsistencies, I sometimes doubt that GOD can be a sure thing.  I mean HE can’t possibly forgive me “this time” for “this sin” right? Wrong!

  • When GOD said “It is finished” HE meant death had no power over those who believe in HIM.
  • When GOD said “My grace is sufficient” HE meant “MY grace is sufficient!”
  • When GOD said “No man can pluck you out of MY hands” HE meant that HE knows I am a sinner and HE will hold onto me anyway.

There is only one sure thing that I can truly depend on and that is GOD. I can truly depend on HIS protection from the accuser who mentions my sins before GOD whenever he gets a change. Since JESUS lives forever HE intercedes for me erasing my sin removing it as far as the east is from the west. HE is my sure thing!

  • Do you doubt GOD?
  • Are you worried about something?
  • Can you put your trust in HIM?
  • Won’t you let HIM take care of “that” situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment