Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sometimes I forget why I’m here


Hebrews 1: But about the Son he says,
“Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever;
    a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom.
You have loved righteousness and hated wickedness;
    therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions
    by anointing you with the oil of joy.”

============

Waking up with aches and pains immediately put me in the mindset of need. My prayers immediately went towards my comfort. Another time I sat at my desk feeling pressured. My prayer immediately went towards my relief. Yet another time I felt alone even though I sat in the midst of a crowd. My prayer immediately went towards finding human companionship.

Yes, I need GOD but do I only need HIM in crisis?

  • Many times I forget I am GOD’s human.
  • Sometimes I forget to focus my attention on GOD the SON.
  • There are other times when I just simply focus on my needs and I never marvel at who the SON really is.

The FATHER says JESUS’ throne will last forever. This is not reserved for any other human. JESUS will rule with a scepter of justice. HE will love those who accept HIS position as GOD and HIS gift of self-sacrifice. There is no-one above HIM and all has been given to HIM.

My anxieties, worries, desires and doubts can all be cast aside when I focus on how bright the future will be with the SON as my guide. Many will fall away but my focus has to remain on the SON.

  • Are you anxious about something?
  • Is your mind racing because of some situation?
  • Can you focus on the SON and know HE is in control?
  • Won’t you stop trying to steer GOD and allow HIM to guide you?

No comments:

Post a Comment