Wednesday, October 17, 2012

What are people saying about me?

Philemon 1:I always thank my God as I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your love for all his holy people and your faith in the Lord Jesus.

============

As I stood back I observed guys who seemed to have crowds around them all the time. They always had something humorous to say so I started on the path of making people laugh. I did a marvelous job, maybe too marvelous for I was now deemed the “campus clown.”  Hey, that’s not what I was shooting for!

  • When I act mean word gets around.
  • When I act like a cheat word gets around.
  • When I act like a scoundrel word gets around.

People are looking at me daily whether I like it or not. Unfortunately people label others as defense mechanisms. What kind of label does GOD want me to portray?

  • GOD wants me to be graceful to many so HIS reputation can get around.
  • GOD wants me to be truthful with people so HIS word will convict all.
  • GOD wants me to be loving to people especially those who are difficult to love.

GOD’s reputation can never be tarnished. HE is supreme and has given up a lot just for HIS creation. HE desires that I act like HIM showing compassion, grace, love and mercy. HE is the only judge so HE will handle the punishment of those who disobey HIM. HE wants me to point people to HIS grace and the gift of HIS SON.

  • What are people saying about you?
  • Are you labeled as a scoundrel or compassionate for GOD?
  • Do you mutter poisonous words or are your words full of grace and mercy?
  • Is your life an example for GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment