Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Which politician do I want to go to hell?

Titus 3: Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good, to slander no one, to be peaceable and considerate, and always to be gentle toward everyone.

At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another.

But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

============

Competition was thick in our environment. It took hours of conversations discussing viewpoints and perspectives on which direction we would go. I had to let everyone know how poor the other person’s idea was. Finally when the decision was made mine emerged victorious! My gloating could not be withheld. “People above me… I’m coming after you!” was the look on my face.

  • When I act with slander I’m on the wrong path.
  • When I act disobedient I’m on the wrong path.
  • When I act with malice and envy I’m on the wrong path.

Really, really wanting my way makes me act in ways that don’t please GOD. I justify in my mind that since everyone else is acting with slander, malice and strife then maybe I should too. But I wonder what GOD wants me to do.

  • GOD wants me to give my leaders respect and remain in doing what is good.
  • GOD wants me to slander “NO ONE” because HE loves them just as much as HE loves HIS SON.
  • GOD wants me to live in peace even with those who dislike me for HIS SON died in my place in the middle of my sins.

GOD is not a political party for “all have sinned.” When I esteem one human over another I lose focus on the only human who was perfect, namely JESUS. My prayers should be that all politicians worldwide bow to the SAVIOR who is the CHRIST.

  • Are you caught up in the media frenzy of political races?
  • Do you get tired of slanderous remarks or are you making them?
  • Can you use the same energy you use talking about your candidate to speak about CHRIST?

No comments:

Post a Comment