Wednesday, October 10, 2012

You know where you came from

2 Timothy 3: 12 In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, 13 while evildoers and impostors will go from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.
14 But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, 15 and how from infancy you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.

============

“LORD Why?” were the words I exclaimed many times when something went horribly wrong or when those people weren’t acting right. It seemed like the bad became billionaires and the good groveled. “Maybe I should become like them” I would say to myself.

I mean “if you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em.” Maybe I should learn how to be as sneaky and low down as they are so I don’t have to get persecuted anymore.

  • GOD said “There will be terrible times in the last days.”
  • GOD said “People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, and abusive.”
  • GOD said “People will be disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, and without love.”
  • GOD said “People will be unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, and not lovers of the good.”
  • GOD said “People will be treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God.”
  • GOD said “People will have a form of godliness but denying its power.”

Wow! This is the group that I wanted to join! I wanted to be the persecutor rather than having someone stomp all over me. BUT GOD knows what I’m going through and wants me to focus on something else.

  • Yes there will be persecutors, BUT GOD will protect me.
  • Yes there will be cheats and thieves; BUT GOD shows me they can steal my stuff but not my relationship with HIM.
  • Yes there will be slimy, slanderous slugs who do not spread the truth, BUT GOD wants me to remain in the truth which is HIS SON.

I know where I came from and that is faith in our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS who is the CHRIST. Persecution may come but those who pretend to follow HIM to get their way will have to face HIM. I want to face HIM with HIS love.

  • Are you tired of being persecuted?
  • Does it seem like bad people keep getting their way?
  • Can you focus on what you have learned about GOD and teach about HIS love?
  • Won’t you show GOD’s love to someone today even if they are the persecutor?  

No comments:

Post a Comment