Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Ask and believe

James 1:If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

============

“What should we do next” were the horrifying words from my team.  This was the first time I had led a project and I had micro-managed us into a corner where we had to make some difficult decisions. “I know” I said to myself. “I will listen to everyone and get all the opinions on how to fix the problem.”

When I opened the opinion box I unveiled a storm of differing views and I looked crazy trying to agree with everything. Now my team started doubting if we were going in the right direction.

  • When I get confused I seem double minded.
  • When I get lost I feel unstable.
  • When I get disorganized my thoughts race and I grapple with the issue.

When a challenge appears I tend to “think” my way out of the issue but this sometimes gets me deeper into hot water. Now what should I do?

  • GOD says “ask ME for wisdom and I will give it abundantly.”
  • GOD says “no matter how lost you get I will be there for you.”
  • GOD says “I am not looking for fault in you rather I am looking for you to believe.”

GOD only wants faith from me.  HE desires that I believe HE has the answers and I can ask HIM for as much wisdom as I can handle.  HE will heap a generous portion on me when I believe solely on HIM. If I seek other crutches I can be blown and tossed by the wind.

I’m not saying avoid seeking wise counsel, what I am saying is let GOD be my guide.

  • Are you confused?
  • Do you lack wisdom in something?
  • Won’t you ask GOD for wisdom?
  • Can you let HIM guide your words and actions today?

No comments:

Post a Comment