Friday, November 2, 2012

How to keep going

Hebrews 10: 22 let us draw near to God with a sincere heart and with the full assurance that faith brings, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. 23 Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.

24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, 25 not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

============

Our church was led to place “stretch goal” type ministries in a bowl and everyone was supposed to draw one out. Thinking this would be easy; I reached my hand in and pulled out a whale! “Run a marathon” my card read. What!? Before this particular race I rejected the notion of running. I mean why would anyone run 26.2 miles?

Right around the last quarter of my daily training run the same discouraging message would pop in my mind, “give up” or “why are you doing this” or “feel that pain, it could end up permanent.” It seems like many things in life have the same discouraging messages.

  • Many times I feel like giving up.
  • Many times I want to throw myself a pity party and talk about how bad things are.
  • Many times I see the difficulties ahead of me and get scared and want to do nothing.

Life has many obstacles and sometimes things look very bleak. Many storms ravage my very existence and I feel tossed about like a rag doll in the wind. What can I do?

  • GOD says “draw near” to HIM with a sincere heart not a phony, churchy, judgmental one.
  • GOD says “hold unswervingly to hope” in HIM because HE knows the great plans HE has for me.
  • GOD says “encourage someone” because it takes the focus off of me and places it on HIM.

Life has many challenges and can sometimes be scary. BUT GOD cleanses my guilty conscience, purifies my heart and holds the key to hope.

  • Is life difficult for you?
  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Can you stop listening to the negative talk for a minute to hear GOD has a great plan HE promised to give you?
  • Won’t you persevere and push through the pain?

No comments:

Post a Comment