Thursday, November 8, 2012

I just want it when I want it how I want it

Hebrews 12:Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all.

============

Tired of being labeled as “the Professor” I decided to act “bad” that day. A good friend of mine felt the same way so we decided to join in on the antics of those who would normally get sent to the Principal. “Maybe we can go home early” I thought. I didn’t even know what to do but I wanted to make sure the other students knew it was me.

The teacher caught my friend and me and instead of sending us to the Principal we were sentenced to stay after school with her. “Uh-oh” I hadn’t anticipated staying later, now my parents would wonder why I was home so late. This discipline thing isn’t fun. I never did that again!

  • I can’t say for every sin GOD spanks me but HE does discipline me.
  • I can’t say for every bad act there is an equal act of discipline by GOD.
  • I can’t say for every wrong I commit GOD is there waiting to hit me with a holy stick.

Many times I have been on the wrong path. I mean I would leave GOD alone and seek my way. I would not seek GOD’s counsel, nor would I hang out with HIS people.  I wanted things my way, when I wanted it and how I wanted it. BUT GOD had other plans.

  • GOD has a way of lovingly disciplining me to put me back on HIS path.
  • GOD has a way of lovingly disciplining me to keep me focused on HIS wonderful plan.
  • GOD has a way of lovingly disciplining me to help me realize I can do nothing without HIM.

As a follower of GOD I wanted only to speak about a soft forgiving GOD without wrath or judgment. I want to be able to sin as much as I would like and be forgiven for anything I did, but here is the flaw. HE says “MY children listen to ME.” When I sin I ignore the HOLY SPIRIT.  All I can say is the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom.

  • Are you enduring hardship right now?
  • Do you realize GOD may be disciplining you to grow you?
  • Can you let go of your way for a moment and focus on GOD’s way?

No comments:

Post a Comment