Thursday, November 1, 2012

Perfection in the making

Hebrews 10: 12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God, 13 and since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool.
14 For by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

============

“One hundred ten pounds” is what I exclaimed to the person at the department of motor vehicles. I mean it was my first license and I couldn’t look like a weakling and tell my real weight!

“Thirty” was the answer I said to a coworker who just wouldn’t show me any respect because I was in my twenties. I wonder where those lies got me.

  • When I am self-conscience I try to cover my flaws.
  • When I am insecure I try to validate my existence.
  • When I am uncertain I try to muster up self-confidence only to find I am fractured.

The longer I follow CHRIST the more I realize I really need HIM for perfection. It seems there is always a decision I could have made better or something I should or shouldn’t have done on a daily basis. Sometimes when I look at all the rules and regulations placed on me by “churchy” people I actually feel like giving up. I mean who can keep this holy stuff up?

  • JESUS gave HIS life up as a sacrifice for mine.
  • JESUS is now sitting at the right hand of the FATHER.
  • JESUS sent the HOLY SPIRIT to live inside me, guiding me to perfection on a daily basis.

I really want the process to be done. Can’t I just call myself perfect and be done? Not quite. Each morning I wake to a new day with new opportunities to sin or not. I have the choice to serve others or serve myself. Every once in a while I actually choose CHRIST as my focus and HE says well done.

  • Are you trying too hard to “be” holy before you are “made” holy?
  • Do you actually think you have arrived and “that” person hasn’t?
  • Can you see GOD working in and on your life?
  • Do you believe HE can even handle “that” sin of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment