Tuesday, December 18, 2012

A “Day” I’m looking forward to

2 Peter 3:Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires.
They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.”

============

Curiosity had gotten the best of me and finally I had to ask. “When will the world end?” The pastor I asked tried to brush me off by answering “That answer is in the book of Revelation, but you shouldn’t read it because you won’t understand it.” I’m actually glad he told this to me because that’s exactly what I did. I was a teenager so I had to do the opposite.

Over the next few decades other pastors spoke about JESUS’ return and named dates.  In fact some geographers state we only have three days left on earth because of an unfinished calendar created by a tribe. Why does this doomsday stuff sound like crazy talk?

  • When I speak about the world ending without the right context, I seem like a weirdo.
  • When I tell people JESUS is going to return and the “bad” people are going to get theirs meanwhile us goody, goodies are going to be saved, I can be exclusionary.
  • When I see the end of the world as a solution to my problems I could be sadly mistaken unless I change my focus.
The sad news is this earth is cursed by GOD. When the first humans sinned, their bodies were changed and death was introduced. The Earth could no longer function as a paradise and all humans stopped seeking GOD. JESUS repaired the relationship with humans and built a new place for those who do not reject HIS “built in” word HE wrote on every heart.

  • The basis of my belief in CHRIST is one day I will die and be with HIM eternally.
  • The basis of my belief in CHRIST is HE died for my sins, enabling me to live, after this body dies.
  • The basis of my belief in CHRIST is HE has built a new place and will return for me simply because I believe in HIS position as a savior and my need to be saved.
I am looking forward to HIS return, but I function day by day on what HE wants me to.

  • Are you skeptical or scared of the “end of the world?”
  • Can you stop focusing on the end and focus on the here and now namely showing GOD’s love?
  • Won’t you stop trying to get revenge on “those” people by wanting the world to end?
  • Can you modify your desire for the world to end tomorrow to give “that” person enough time to surrender their lives to GOD?

No comments:

Post a Comment