Thursday, December 13, 2012

Living a life of purpose

2 Peter 1: 13 I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, 14 because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me.
15 And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things.

============

With new tie in hand I proceeded to the door. The exits all looked the same because in my haste to purchase a replacement for my forgotten tie I failed to note which way I had entered. That was only the beginning of the problem. I walked out and could not find my rental car because I didn’t remember what kind of car it was nor the color. Yes the information was on the key.

After finally finding my car I returned to the hotel. When I woke the next day I could not remember what city I was in. I had travelled too much. I sat on the side of my bed and asked myself, “is this my purpose in life?”

·         When I am overwhelmed I may not be living my life purpose.
·         When I am feeling absolutely miserable I may not be living my life purpose.
·         When I am restless and want something new I may not be living my life purpose.

I made work my purpose for living and quite honestly it only got me more work. Okay, I did get more money and accolades but they soon faded and I wondered “is this it?” BUT GOD has another purpose for me.

·         GOD says remind people about what I have already written on their heart.
·         GOD says make disciples to follow ME instead of following buildings or people.
·         GOD says love those who are difficult to love while loving your family and friends.

Leaving a legacy is nice but leaving people with ways to stop rejecting GOD is better. I used to think there were humans who just had not heard of CHRIST and needed me to tell them, now I believe GOD has written HIS word on every heart and it’s up to each not to reject HIM. I serve as a reminder to follow what they already know.

·         Do you have purpose?
·         Are you living your life’s purpose out?
·         Do you realize GOD has given you talents that only you possess?
·         Can you understand “your presence” can affect the situation?

No comments:

Post a Comment