Monday, December 10, 2012

Why am I surprised?

1 Peter 4: 12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. 13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

============

Ever had one of those mornings? I mean this day was important because it would determine my future.  I had overslept because my alarm clock took a day off and buzzed softly that day, but I could still make it. I jumped in the car and it wouldn’t start. There was no way I was going to make it to the interview because it was clear across campus. “Why is this happening to me” I thought to myself!

  • When difficult situations arise I throw a pity party and ask why me.
  • When I feel a slightly discomforted I look around to change the environment and when I can’t I ask why me.
  • When I am not getting my way and it seems like things are breaking I throw up my hands and ask why me.

“Why me” is my question to GOD when I don’t like what’s going on.  I mean “Aren’t I serving YOU well” is my question to HIM.  Then my bargaining comparisons appear by saying “Look at those other people who don’t serve you…they seem to be getting away with everything” as if to say “GOD YOU don’t know what YOU are doing.”

  • GOD’s plan for me includes the difficulty that I go through.
  • GOD’s plan for me includes a season of pain that I must endure.
  • GOD’s plan for me includes some turbulent times that I have to persevere.

I don’t like tough circumstances, but every time I have gone through them I actually feel stronger and a bit wiser. I really shouldn’t be surprised when a situation arises. I actually should know by now that what I’m facing will grow me in ways I never would have grown had I now gone through the situation. GOD’s plan is a great one for me and I should always know that.

  • Are you going through some difficult situation?
  • Are you facing tough circumstances?
  • Can you face your situation as a growth opportunity?
  • Will you seek GOD in the middle of this storm and feel HIS comfort?

No comments:

Post a Comment